Saturday, July 12, 2008

Southern Cali

So i am now in Chula Vista for the remainder of the summer to train. I got in late last night picked up my key, and then headed out to find a hotel for mom and Ciara for the night. Who would have know that it would have been so difficult to find a room for one night. Needless to say we finally found one that was about 15 minutes away from the training center.
We had quite the adventure driving down. We finally got on the road about 9:15 am Friday morning and just started driving. We made a few stops along the way... Of course we stopped to ride the Buffalo Bills roller coaster and Barstow for some outlet shopping. The stop that was not in the itinerary was the semi truck that caught on fire and closed the freeway just after the check point (to make sure we didn't have any produce). We decided to get off the freeway and about 1/2 a mile down the freeway we saw the truck, or what was left of it. This morning before mom and Ciara went on their was to Vegas to meet up with dad and Bryce we wanted to do something San Diegoish... so after driving around for a while trying to think of something we got directions to Coranodo Island. i have not been there for about 5 years and found that Resturante Tomaso is still there. (They have really good pizza) We took Ciara to the beach and she decided at that moment that she wants to live at the beach when she gets older.

After i dropped the girls off at the airport to pick of their car i headed back to my new home (only 2 months). i checked in at the OTC and got my credentials and was alone. No one that i knew was around and really no one was even in my building. It was kinda strange. i finally got the courage up to leave my room to find the dining hall. I walked in and there were a lot of people in there. At that point i totally felt like the new kid, which i am, but stuck out like a sore thumb. So, I spent the afternoon just stretching from the really long drive and just lounging for the weekend. I just got back from dinner and this time had people to sit with which was great! Tomorrow I'm going to venture out further and see all the other buildings. Sports Med, weight room, and the AT & T Center. It's kinda cool but maybe slight over kill is the security to get in here. So if anyone comes to visit me please let me know. I have to put you on a list! The address here is (if you want to send anything) HAHA

2800 Olympic Parkway
Chula Vista, CA
91915

I miss everyone! Here are some pictures from the trip down!

No comments: