Saturday, July 19, 2008

First full week in Chula Vista

So far so good... training has been pretty good this week. i have been sore but nothing too bad. I'm working really hard and it's just going to get harder, but i think that i'm ready. i miss my family and just being home and able to just go talk to Haley or drive to see my mom if I'm having a rough day, but my temporary family that i have made here is great. Last night was my first night "out on the town". We went to a club called Red Circle and it was GREAT! We knew one of the doorman and he had reserved us a table and we just walked to the front of the line and then to our table (just like in the movies). It was a great group of people that went out and everyone besides my teammates asked how i liked it. I think they all thought that there were no places to go out to in Utah. It was really funny!! We got back really late and were supposed to have a workout at 10am needless to say we didn't quite make it on time.

Today marked my first week here so after our work out i didn't feel like doing anything i was just ready to nap after my cold tub of course. (I live in the cold tub and the weight room) My roommate came in after her workout and invited me to a movie with some of her teammates, at first i just wanted to lay around and do nothing, but then decided that it would be fun to go out with different people other than my team. i ended up having the best time and meeting new people! We went and saw Mama Mia, which was hilarious! After the movie we came back to the OTC and had dinner and just started chatting away. It was a lot of fun the get to know the girls and be away from everyone that i see all the time.

It is a lot different training here rather than at home. There is not too many outside influences and everyone else is training for their specific sport. It will still be hard some days for me to be away from home and what i know for day to day life back in Utah, but i am SO very glad that i was able to have this opportunity to come down train and meet amazing people!

No comments: