Thursday, May 8, 2008

Update :S

So i know that most of you that read this (ok i'll be for real the 3 of my family) have been waiting for this day for quite some time now. I'M GETTING MARRIED!! ........ ok not really just updating my blog for the first time ever. i am terrible with this. It's like a journal and i'm no good at that either, but am going to try and be better at it.

Well i guess i should start with wraping up the events from the skeleton season. This year i can say with out a doubt has been the best that i have ever had. i raced well all season and even surprised my self many times along with the people around me. It has given me the motivation that i needed to do even more training during this off season than last. i will leave out of the details but to give a sumary i was in Europe for the first part of the season and back in North America for the second half. I went to a new track and survived it which is always nice! I was on the podium for 3 of my 6 races on the America's Cup Tour. ( my first medals with racing on a competative tour). I was even able to keep my goal of having a top 3rd place for the overall points for that tour. Funny story behind that at first i thought that i didn't have enough points and then my mom did them and the officials made a mistake and gave it to the wrong person...so they fixed the problem and i was awarded the trophy. It was very exciting and called home to tell everyone and even cried a little with such an emotional weekend of racing. So now going into next season i am ranked USA 6. i still can;t some days even believe that i was able to accomplish what i did this season.

So for now i am home until July and then head to San Diego to live at the training center for a few months to train with some of the team. i really wanted this last year and it didn't happen. So i didn't get my hopes up to high (like last year) and when Orvie called to tell me at first i didn't believe him. So fo rnow it's going to go by so fast as it is already May. i'm still having the time of my life with my roommate Haley, actually we are sisters we think so much alike that it scares us a lot, but really funny!! We are starting to look for a new place to live as we are not having such good luck with our ceiling (it likes to leak). i love your little family we have! We have our tivo that we come home to almost everynight like an old married couple...haha it has been such a great year as i reflect on it, but very excited for what is to come!!

i hope that you are all proud that i finally updated!!!!

2 comments:

Haley said...

Yay for updates! and for not getting married right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally updated! I've been waiting!